Moments: real and acted – KTU Theatre Studio is 70
This year, KTU Theatre Studio “44” celebrates the 70th anniversary of its creative activities. It is the oldest academic theatre studio in Lithuania. Its origins go back to the academic drama club established by renowned theatre and television actor, director Petras Likša at Vytautas Magnus University – national university in Kaunas – in 1948. The entrance examination to the drama club took place on 13 October and the premiere of the performance “Vedybos” (“Marriage”) was presented at Kaunas Musical Theatre on 23 May 1949. In 1951, the university was reorganised into Kaunas Polytechnical Institute and the drama club continued its activities at the institute. In 1958, KPI drama club was granted the title of Theatre Studio. In 1967, KPI theatre studio was invited to the International Festival of Amateur Drama Clubs in France; however, Soviet authorities did not allow them to go and offered a trip to Georgia instead of Paris.