School of Economics and Business is 50. Captured moments
The School of Economics and Business celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. It started as the Department of Economy and Organisation of Industrial Companies established at the Mechanical Faculty of Kaunas Polytechnic Institute in 1952. On 26 January 1968, the Council of KPI decided to establish the Faculty of Engineering Economics that was located at the Chamber of the Faculty of Light Industry (Gedimino str. 62). Assoc. prof. A. Makarevičius was appointed as the first Dean and continued to lead this faculty for 20 years. A year later, the faculty was moved to the former chamber of “Pienocentras” in Laisvės alley and remained at this location until the summer of 2014. After Lithuania regained in independence, the system of higher education was reorganised. Kaunas Polytechnic Institute was renamed Kaunas University of Technology on 31 October 1990. The Faculty of Engineering Economics became the Faculty of Management in 1992. It prepared the Bachelors and Master of management. The internationally recognised set of scientific works “Engineering Economics” has been published since 1990. The faculty was reorganised to the faculty of Economics and Management in 1999. It also began preparing the Bachelors and Masters of economics. The faculty became the School of Economics and Business in 2014.